Thursday, August 4, 2011

Banana Split Farewell Card

Hey everyone!

So it's been a rough week and a half. My Great-Aunt Helen died last week so the funeral was this past weekend. I had a couple sympathy cards to make and I spent a lot of time at my Grandpa's (Aunt Helen is his sister) but he was fine. He said that she was just tired, she slipped away in her sleep. She had a good long life of 92 years, with children, and grand-children and great-grand-children. She will be missed but she is truly at peace now.

We also had a family reunion on my dad's side. My Oma is back from Indonesia for a few months so we had a little welcome home get together for her. Yes, I made her a card.

This weekend was also a long weekend here so Monday we celebrated my Grandpa's 85th birthday. Of course I made a card for that too, I'll post pictures of all the cards on my Facebook page if you want to check them out.

My husband and I are in the nursery at church and one of our children had her last Sunday in our ward this week. Abby and her family are moving to Connecticut this weekend so there was a nice little farewell for them last night. So what did I do? I made them a card! It just so happens to fit with the Tutti Fruitty theme of this weeks Cricut Cardz Challenge!

Challenge: Make a card using fruit with any cartridge, colour or occasion you like.

Do you know how many fruit puns you can use with farewells? Lots! On the inside it says "We're sad you have to split!" I thought it was cute. It was my husband's idea.


Recipe:
 Sweet Treats Cartridge -ice cream and dish
Paper Dolls Dress Up Cartridge -banana
Paper from my stash
Stickers from my stash 
Button from my stash 

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Aunt will say a prayer for you and your family.

    Your card is very pretty and it fits just perfectly for the challenge! Thanks so much for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a busy week. I got tired just reading all you had to do. What a wonderful life your aunt must have had. To be at peace after 92 yrs. and to have left such a wonderful legacy is a truly great thing. Thanks for sharing your adorable fruit card with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the love ladies, it really was an overwhelming week but I got through it with a little help from all my wonderful friends and family :)

    ReplyDelete